Resume for Genevieve Howard
word cloud created with Wordle
Master's degree in Educational Technology, focus on Learning Systems Design & Development, University of Missouri. Final GPA 4.0/4.0, May 2008.
EdTech Master's Degree Portfolio
Learning Systems Design & Development
Bachelor of Arts in Language Studies, University of California-Santa Cruz, 1992. Emphasis in French.
University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 2004 - present
College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, Instructor, 2010-present
- Teach undergraduate university course in Communicating on the Web for Science and Agricultural Journalism Program.
- Hybrid course using face-to-face instruction with online learning.
College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, 2006-present
I-Net Administrator-Entry, 2006-2007
I-Net Administrator-Specialist, 2007-2011
Senior Multimedia Specialist, 2011-present
- Continually iterate and execute interfaces.
- Manage information architecture and update content (2,000+ Web pages) for College, divisions, departments, groups and entreprenuerial organizations.
- Develop new websites for College, divisions, departments and groups.
- Design new graphic elements for events, news items and campaigns.
College of Education, Region 7 Community Rehabilitation Program-Regional Continuing Education Program, Event Coordinator, 2004-2006
- Managed website, coordinated content development and ensured timely updates.
- Provided support for grant project principal investigator and stakeholders.
- Assisted in identity development.
- Designed online and print promotional materials using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Implemented database development skills to improve delivery of continuing education.
- Coordinated 40 conferences and training events per year.
Boone County Government, Columbia, Mo., 2004
- Streamlined documentation procedures in order to make retrieval of information more efficient.
- Managed complex database system for maintenance of county parks and facilities.
- Organized annual events for county employees.
- Researched and proposed new online facility management system.
Community Nursery Schools, Columbia, Mo., 2002 - 2004
- Part of executive team which restructured this 68-year-old not-for-profit agency by building a new facility and attracting more than $200,000 in grants.
- Attracted and leveraged local media coverage to increase awareness of events.
- Coordinated public relations and marketing campaigns that increased enrollment 15 percent.
- Performed database design and oversaw technology in the classrooms.
American Red Cross, Santa Cruz, Calif., 1996 - 1997
Office Manager and Director of Transportation Program
- Supervised staff of 7.
- Wrote grant proposals and was awarded more than $7,000 for funding transportation program which transported veterans living in Santa Cruz county to medical facilities in San Jose.
- Wrote press releases and public service announcements.
- Taught database, spreadsheet and word processing applications to staff and volunteers.
- Completed leadership training series, CPR and disaster services training.
- Developed websites from scratch with text editors: HTML, XHTML, CSS and PHP.
- Provided visual design, front-end development and information architecture.
- Experienced in ADA accessibility issues, standards compliance, search engine optimization, cross-browser compatibility and MU Web policies.
- Worked on Apache/Linux and Microsoft IIS servers.
- Adobe: Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook.
- Online classroom management: Blackboard.
- Marketing manager for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Published on the web and in print.
- University of Missouri College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources family of websites and publications
- NPR website
- Kansas City Star
- University of Missouri Viewbook and social media sites
- CMHS Calendar
Awards and Certificates
- 2012-2013 Participant: Chancellor's Emerging Leaders Program (CELP), University of Missouri.
News story: Learning Leadership: CAFNR web professional uses opportunities at MU to grow
- 2012 Winner for Website: CAFNR Web Redesign (cafnr.missouri.edu), National Agricultural Alumni & Development Association (NAADA).
- Professional Staff Development Grant Award, MU College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Staff Council, October 2010.
- Above and Beyond Award, MU College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Staff Council, November 2008.
- SANS GIAC Web Application Security Certificate, June 28, 2007.
- Staff Development Award, University of Missouri, 2006 to attend National Educational Computing Conference (NECC).
Service and Volunteer Work
- Vice President of Public Relations, Downtown Toastmasters Club #1119527, Spring term, January-June 2013
- Vice President of Education, Downtown Toastmasters Club #1119527, Fall term, July-December 2012
- Spiritual Ministry Volunteer, Stephen Ministry
- Branding Committee Member (2010) and Communications Committee Member (2010-2011), Broadway Christian Church